CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
Our Children’s Sunday School (offered for children 2 years old through 6th grade) begins Sunday mornings at 9:15 am. These classes exist to train our children to grow in their love for God and to mature as disciples of Christ. Our trained and caring teachers provide students the opportunity to learn more about their great God by teaching Bible curriculum that seeks to incorporate the entire redemptive message of Scripture.
A DESIRE TO KNOW GOD
- The curriculum covers the entire Bible throughout the age-graded classes of Sunday School
- Children receive materials to take home for personal study and parent interaction
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Friendly and engaging teachers
- Interactive classes
- Opportunities for long-lasting friendships
Children in grades 1-3 join their parents for worship, but are dismissed from the church service before the sermon to a special time of worship geared for young children.
Three-year-olds have a program in the nursery during the entire service.
Four- and five-year-olds also have a program during the church service that meets in their Sunday School classroom.
Awana is a proven approach for early evangelism and discipleship. A Scripture memorization program and exciting games attract families, promote Bible literacy, and help kids develop lifelong faith in Christ. We offer Awana programs from kindergarten through high school (Cubbies through Journey).
- Cubbies celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers (3-to-5-year-olds) by helping them develop respect for God, His Son, and His Word.
- Sparks ignites the curiosity of early elementary-aged children (Kindergarten – 2nd grade) to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
- Truth & Training engages 3rd to 6th grade students by answering their questions about God and the Bible and by guiding them to growth in Christ’s grace through a pivotal life stage.
- Trek (middle school) and Journey (high school) provide a similar format to the other clubs, but with a larger focus on personal devotions and interactive discussions.
Awana Clubs meet on Sunday nights during the school year, 5:30-7:15 pm. The annual fee is $25; there is an additional cost for uniform, books, and special activities. All children who participate in Awana should be in uniform, but if the fees cause a financial burden, please let us know.
Three different children’s choirs meet on Wednesday evenings during the school year. Children who are ages 4 through 6th grade can participate. Choirs meet at 7:00 pm beginning the first Wednesday after Labor Day through May.
Complete a registration form or call the church office for more information (763-417-8200).